Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:06:07 -0500
> Last I heard, drag racing didn't give out class winner trophies for
> qualifying.

There's usually bonus money or something for the #1 qualifier. Quite often
series points as well.

> Like it or not, many of us don't expect or will never make the challenge.

If you win your class, you're probably (almost certainly) going to make the
Challenge. If you don't expect to make the Challenge, then you don't expect
to win your class comp either....

> Why would you want to take the importance of a good launch (one of the
> primary characteristics of ProSolo) away from us?

It's not being taken away. A redlight is still a redlight, and being too
slow will redlight you too. And in the Challenge, where consistancy is more
important than ultimate speed, the light is still very much a part of the
game.

I don't think you're losing as much as you think you are - and you're
gaining a tremendous amount.

DG