Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System

Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:03:08 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Bradley H. Lamont wrote:
> >This means that the class competitions will be based on ET, and thus reaction
> >times will not count. There is nothing to compel you to cut a good light,
> >should you not be so inclined.
>
> Doesn't this pretty much remove the "pro" from Prosolo?
>
> Why is this being done and what advantage does this offer over the old
> system?

If we assumed that the classes ran with the same et + rt that the
challenge will use, the advantage is that you _know_ your reaction time
vs. just guess like we used to do.  So if I cut a .400 (or a .500?) light,
I know not to push it a little further.  :-)  (like I wouldn't be cutting
a .680 light...)

Hopefully Dennis / Howard / all are listening and will use et + rt for
everything vs. just in the challenge.

Mark