Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:59:43 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:
> Whatever happened to the concept of "KISS" & "If it ain't broken, don't try
> to fix it".  Perhaps some continuity of our success in 2000 might be in order
> rather than annual procedural changes.  Would it be so terrible if we have it
> in place only for testing and studying it's effects for the year, rather than
> potentially screwing up what has already proven to be a good thing?  Maybe
> I'm just experiencing the natural tendency to resist change, but I cannot
> comprehend what the need or benefit of et + rt is over the way we have been
> scoring the Challenges.

I for one applaud the effort to add measured rt to the launches as its
something that's been missing that would be fun, help drivers improve,
give announcers something to talk about, etc.  That's really cool!

However for most of us, if rt is only used in the challenge, we'll never
use it.  Also, if I finally _do_ make the challenge, I'll be unused to rt
being important and will louse it up compared to the guy that's been there
before.  That guy already has enough advantages.  :-)

Please find a way to do rt + et for both.

Mark