Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:03:13 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> > All the people I have spoken too are saying the same thing.  It makes no
> > sense to do otherwise except to create confusion; either use it for both
> > class and challenge runs or not at all.
>
> I disagree - if you see class competition as "qualifying" then not
> including R/T in the final result is exactly the way most drag racing
> classes work. You get a couple of qualification rounds, the ladder is
> filled based on ET, and then in eliminations, first man to the end wins

Last I heard, drag racing didn't give out class winner trophies for
qualifying.

Like it or not, many of us don't expect or will never make the challenge.
Why would you want to take the importance of a good launch (one of the
primary characteristics of ProSolo) away from us?

And I'm not buying that the system can't do it.  If the thing can run the
challenges with et + rt, why can't it do normal class runs that way?

And if the answer is "it just can't", that's fine but don't use the damn
thing until it can.

Mark