Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: New ProSolo Timing System
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:52:22 -0500
> Hopefully Dennis / Howard / all are listening and will use et + rt for
> everything vs. just in the challenge

AFAIK - and please note that I have NO influence on this at _all_ - this is
a function of the new timing system being based on an off-the-shelf drag
race timing system. To do otherwise would require additional customization,
cost, and delay.

> All the people I have spoken too are saying the same thing.  It makes no
> sense to do otherwise except to create confusion; either use it for both
> class and challenge runs or not at all.

I disagree - if you see class competition as "qualifying" then not
including R/T in the final result is exactly the way most drag racing
classes work. You get a couple of qualification rounds, the ladder is
filled based on ET, and then in eliminations, first man to the end wins