Re: Road Rage

To: "corcoran" <corcoran@bainbridgeisland.net>,
Subject: Re: Road Rage
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:13:51 -0700
The bottom line is:  no one knows what is on the mind of the person that is
in a hurry.  it may be that he needs to be somewhere important to him.  his
2nd job, to a distress call from home, to a hospital or to nowhere.  the
fact is that he has his right to use the roads as he sees fit.  we can only
hope that his decisions to speed are used in a manner that is safe for us as
well as himself.  Now don't think that I do not on occassion put the pedal
to the metal.  As I have stated I think it is dangerous to drive on a street
or freeway that looks like the start of the indy 500.  So I try to distance
myself from all other cars around me, and that means speeding away from the
rest of the pack that are content with driving within a crowd.  Maybe I have
a symptom of "Auto Claustrophobia", but I guess at my age, and witnessing
events that have happened on the highway for no apparent reason, my insanity
is justified.