Road Rage

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road Rage
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:32:34 -0400
I new this would be a hot subject! :-)

The point of my post was not placing blame, for I am to blame for my part,
it always takes two to tango.
What I was opening for discussion for the group was the possible cause of
Road Rage.
Why are people today (even myself) harboring so much frustration and
aggressions that it spills out when we drive??

Patrick I thank you for your post  as it shows just how deep the problem is.
The resentment you feel toward people who drive in the fast lane and block
your path is understandable, but your further comments show  a hateful
judgment of your fellow man which is not the answer to the problem.  I
started to write an answer to each statement but then I realized that they
stand alone as examples to the root of the problem.

<"I think the people that need to follow the speed limit should confine
themselves to the far right lane (outside)">

<", and if you feel that you have appointed yourself the traffic control
god, and impede the desires of other
drivers that feel a need for speed, ">

<"you deserve the wrath of the frustration that you self impose on another
person." >

< I personally have no use for two drivers that keep the flow of traffic to
the speed limit because it is their right to drive side by side.  this
mentality only causes a congestion that is more dangerous than a driver
going 5 or 10 miles over the speed limit. >

< And if you are a perceptive person, you will realize that you have just
expressed your stupidity, and you should be removed from the road, as you
are the real danger. >

Understand I bought and repaired (and continue to repair :-)  my Roadster
because of my own  "Need for Speed"
You will in most cases find me out ahead of traffic.  I was driving in the
inside lane because it was open and few other cars were around.  I was not
impeding traffic at all.

Bottom Line, I never should have allowed this guy to upset me as I did.
What it all boils down to is the world needs more love and understanding and
less hate and judgment.  If I had acted in love I would have simply moved
over and let him pass.

Ron Edgar
68 1600
Ft Lauderdale Fla.