Re: Road Rage

To: "HUBBARD, Charles" <chubbard@shl.com>, "Mark Dent" <stickerman@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Road Rage
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:35:58 -0700
I grew up in Chicago, proper.  where the streets were not designed for large
cars to traverse.  Where one lane traffic in each direction is the norm,
unless you want to be daring and pass on the right where there is very
minimal clearance in most instances.

That has nothing to do with how I feel about inconsiderate drivers.  This is
not to say I defend the driver in the pickup who felt that everyone in the
left lane should be going at a speed faster than everyone else.  This
situation sounded to me like it was not on a freeway, but on a four lane
road, and even tho the speed limit was 45 mph. if the driver was not making
a left turn, or PASSING someone, he/she should make a point of confining
themselves to the outside lane.  For all you novices out there, that is
called the "slow lane".  Even though you may be doing the speed limit, that
in itself is going slow, to some drivers.  I personally find it very
distracting and disturbing having to drive next to someone down a road when
it is unnecessary.  I feel that moving along with no one next to me reduces
the chances that I will be in an accident with some unqualified unsuspecting
driver who may not be paying attention to the road.  And to add to that,
someone that works on their own car that has no idea what they are doing and
does not assemble their car properly.  When you live in a city like chicago,
where they have snow and rust, it is not uncommon to find people neglecting
their most important vehicle equipment "BRAKES". ( TOO LENGHTY.)