RE: Road Rage

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Road Rage
From: Eric Frisbee <EFrisbee@incc.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:16:22 -0600
What a topic!   I have to agree on many points though.
 Never use the "finger" and NEVER stop for someone... have a short story for
both incidences..    My brother Dirk and I were driving down a quiet 2 lane
country road, doing the speed limit when this moron flew up doing at least
80-90.   He rode the bumper (2 feet away at least) then passed us on a blind
curve, swerved in toward us getting within 3 feet of the side, then nearly
took off the front end of the truck as he passed us... then he proceeded to
slam on his brakes and give the famous one finger salute.   Of course we
returned everything.   He pulled over at the next road and so did we...
stupidly!!  As he got out of his truck, he pulled a Ruger Mini 14 with a 30
rd clip from behind his seat.      We got lucky in the fact that he didn't
shoot, even though many heated words were exchanged.       We eventually
left and turned him in to the Highway Patrol.. which is what we should have
done in the first place!!!    He was obviously not in a hurry as he stopped
and we "talked" for about 10 minutes.    the point... Road Rage happens
EVERYWHERE, not just on the busy stressful city streets... even on the quiet
2 lane blacktops of Missouri!!

Roadster content...
I bought two more roadsters this weekend... what is WRONG with me!!!!   I
now have 4 roadsters!!!

Eric
'68 2000
'67 1600 (wifes)
'68 1600 "new"  needs lots of help!
'69 1600 "new"  needs a few weekends to run well..