road rage

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: road rage
From: Tony Genovese <chaztg@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 09:46:45 -0800
I don't think we should hammer Ron for his story; okay, we may all
have been in the situation where someone is impeding our forward
progess at speed in the far left lane, but c'mon, he was taking a
leisurely evening cruise and it doesn't sound like he was on a freeway
where the posted limit is usually much higher(as it can be here in
CA)than 50mph. I think that guy in the 4x4 was totally in the wrong
for coming up on someone hard like that--especially when they're in a
little convertible that's easily dwarfed by just about everything.
That guy was way out line, also to lean on his horn spells out one
thing to me: J E R K!!!
If you want to exceed the speed limit in any car, that's perfectly
alright w/ me, I do it all the time. But if you're going to do it, you
had better drive with extra acute vision, concentration, and always
look at things down the road before they happen. Plain and simple,
that tailgaiter wanted to be a prick and he wasn't going to give Ron
the chance to do anything but react adversarily.
Speed contests on the other hand, can be dangerous and they can be
fun. Just remember never to push the envelope of any car or you may
find your butt in a sling. I would have just loved seeing the look on
that guy's face if Ron had been driving my friend's FJ20 powered 1600.
You've never seen so many jaws drop when that car is opened up wide.
Mr. pickup truck would have been left in a big cloud of exhaust!
Tony