Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:40:16 -0800
At 02:06 PM 12/17/2004 -0800, Pat Kelly wrote:
>     Er, um, up front? Would it make any difference in your reaction? I doubt
>it.

Absolutely it would have changed my reaction.  Because it would be a
discussion about the Pro's and Con's of having novice, street tire, and
race tire competitors from the same class running together, which is a
whole different discussion than the one we are having right now.

Instead, it is a discussion about the evil "convenience" competitors in
Street Tire, even though the "convenience" competitors will automatically
move on to another class now that the current Street Tire class is dead.

I think we have to remember that "convenience" competitors pay membership
dues, entry fees, and work just like everyone else.  Some people don't care
about regional points or have family/life situations that prevent them from
running in the morning/afternoon or Saturdays/Sundays.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com