Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: Bay Area Autocross <ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Matthew Rehrer <mrehrer@rehrer.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:25:59 -0800
I also think that the negatives out weigh the positives with this
new incarnation of street tire.  Street Tire as it was most recently
run was the one place where a competitor could turn if their
Nationally sanctioned class was not working for them.

Reasons to move to Street Tire could include perceived cost
advantage of running street tires rather than Rs, larger pool
to compete in, want to run but can't run in normal group for time
conflict reasons, or plain laziness with regard to swapping street
and R tires.

Frankly I think the best reason to keep Street Tire as was or close
to as was is the large group.  Ironically that is of course the single
reason that it is occasionally problematic.  I think there are many
likely negative impacts of this new proposal.  Not the least of which
is that it will parasitically decrease strength of numbers in all stock
classes.

Having the one Street Tire class was a good deviation from National
classing in my opinion because it suited our region (once again average
participation is a good measure) however I think this new deviation
lacks the single most important benefit, the large group.

I could be won over to believe that Street Tire should be for Stock
cars only but that is a different subject I don't have time to write
about
now.

Take care,

Matthew