Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Rex Tener" <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:18:10 -0800
Rex,

Sorry, I can see how you misunderstood.

I meant that no SM driver is in serious competition for the top
STi trophy, at least last year.  Robin would have done almost
as well trophy-wise in SM open class.

Or to say it another way, no top-ranked SM driver has any
interest in competing seriously in STi.

Are you, or do you know of any top SM driver who was
planning to campaign for the STi trophy in 2005?  Do you know
of anyone at all who will not have a place to run in 2005?

Actually, I had nothing to do with it at all.  I am not on the SC,
I did not propose it, I was not at the meeting.

But as the run group guru, it makes a whole lot of sense to me, and
I really don't see any good argument against it in the notes I have
seen so far.

As far as "breaking a group of regular co-competitors",
not one of those who qualified for a trophy in 2003 qualified again
in 2004 in Championship Series.  It's a pick-up game of autocross,
not a regular class.

No SP or Prepared class is a bother at all for run group scheduling.

To assert as some have that this was an attack on some group or
tire type disguised as an efficiency step, why are you all saying this?
There is not the slightest shred of evidence of this.  Further, I know
how this arose, how it was discussed, and why it was agreed.  All
those speculations are completely baseless -- and why would you guys
make nasty and wrong statements like that without any factual basis?
Come on!

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"