Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:40:11 -0800
At 10:46 AM 12/17/2004 -0800, Jerry Mouton wrote:
>SM guys are out of luck, but they were never competitive in Street Tire
>either -- does it matter whether you get fourth in Street TIre or sixth
>some other
>class?

I guess my first, second, and third places last year in Street Tire in my
SM car were a fluke.  I think those finishes show that a SM can be
competitive in the class.

>Street Tire is a "convenience" class for many people.  There were only
>8 competitors eligible for a trophy in Championship Series out of 16
>avg entrants, the other half were not in it for the competition.

This obsession with "convenience" competitors is getting really
tiresome.  There will *always* be "convenience" competitors no matter how
much you change the rules, classes, and run groups.  They can run any run
group as WRG or Fun Run, so there is now way to avoid them.  They have been
a part of the sport since the beginning, and will be there long after I am
in my grave.  If they all start putting Prepared on their time cards, are
we going to kill those classes too?

>I think it could end up a lot better for competitors.

Then let's ask them want they want instead of blind siding them with what
*we* think they want.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com