Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Jake Hodges <jake@codeworm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:23:53 -0800
I predict having separate street-tire classes for each stock class will
really hurt the number of race-tire purchasing stock-classers. Maybe that's
the point.. And maybe that's a good thing since the events are more
expensive now anyway...  Sorry everyone who was organized enough to buy
their v710s already.

An observation:  In the last regular season, the 7 people that attended
enough events to win a trophy, 5 did.  One of those cars even ran in
SM-ST!  Robin's car is hardly a competitive SM car.. I think he only has a
body kit that keeps him out of stock.  There were good showings (and
occasional wins) by classes such as ESP, ASP, and DSP.  I even drove Rus'
STX Subaru WRX as an ESP car a few times to shake it up a little.  It's
good to have a "bring anything" class that doesn't punish you for mixing
fun and competition.

Here's the trophy results by class:
1 GS
2 GS
3 DS
4 CS, ESP,GS,ES
5 SM

And don't forget Christine in ST-L in their "SM" car...

If we had the new arrangement we would have had the following three trophies:
1st - Barry in GS (Alan was good competition, but not enough entrants for 2
trophies)
1st - Dennis in DS (No competition)
1st - Marvin in BS  (No competition, finished 23rd overall in points as it
stands)

I think I ran too many different classes to put enough events in any one of
them together.  Robin and Christine ran SM with an essentially stock car.

That's less fun.

If we're going to create nine new classes anyway, why not have an
"Open-Street Tire" class for the SM SP M P guys to give Robin and Christine
a shot?  Is the large run group that bad?

I don't know about the other guys, but I had fun trying to be three seconds
faster than the Neon to scrape points together.  Anyway, Barry is selling
it now. As long as Dick Bishop and the 6000 pound Volvo of Doom stay home
street tire is safe again!  :)

Jake