Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire

To: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street Tire
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:41:28 -0800
At 01:14 PM 12/17/2004 -0800, Jerry Mouton wrote:
>Rex,

Jerry,

>I didn't say that SM was not competitive in STi, just that not many
>SM people really compete in STi.

Your direct quote:

         SM guys are out of luck, but they were never competitive in Street
Tire either

It sure looks like you said SM guys were never competitive in Street Tire.

>Neither you, John S. or Peter qualified for a Street Tire trophy in 2004,
>so you guys are "convenience" STi entrants.

I am not a "convenience" STi entrant.  I am a *member* that is concerned
when a very popular class is eliminated in its current form for very flimsy
reasons.  All of the Prepared classes and most of the Street Prepared
classes could be eliminated using the same logic that has been used to
eliminate STi in its current form.

>Of course, any SC decision can be reversed if it was a bad idea, but let's
>try it
>out for a year and see what really happens.  I recall that when PAX class
>went away
>there was a lot of complaining, but you never hear about it any more.

Because you disenfranchised that group of competitors.  It is hard to keep
them together to fight for their class when you eliminate what brought them
together in the first place.  They had to leave and scatter to other
classes to run their cars.  Are they supposed to sit home for a year so
they can get their class back?

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com