RE: U-Haul Warning

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: U-Haul Warning
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:46:30 -0700
Tim Gaines wrote :
> The guy did point out that they had their biggest
> truck available and that I could maybe drive that little red
> furrin car up into it.

I actually chose that method to transport my TR3A when moving from Indiana
to California.  Scrounged some very stout timbers from a house being
demolished (floor joists, 2x10 I think), used them to bridge the gap from a
convenient loading dock to the truck, and then nailed them to the floor as
wheel chocks front and rear once the car was loaded.  Had plenty of room
left for my goods packed around the car.  Whole operation went smooth as
silk, except that I almost got locked in where I was unloading.  Seems the
guard figured I'd already left, and didn't tell his replacement that I was
back there ...

Having tried most other methods of moving cars long distances myself (tow
bars, dollies, trailers), I heartily recommend the "inside the truck"
method.  No worries about the towed vehicle getting a flat tire, or falling
apart, or car parts falling off ... There's probably still a Ford Torino
driveshaft lying somewhere between Salina and Denver !

(It was my wife's car, honest !)

Randall