Re: U-Haul Warning

To: WBabbitt@aol.com, triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U-Haul Warning
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 10:36:45 -0500
When I went to pick up my GT6 I had a trailer reserved at U-Haul. I was to pick
it up at 9:00 AM Saturday morning.  When we got there (my brother and I), the
doors were locked...no answer. After about 30 minutes someone came out and said
their computers were down and she didn't know what to do.  She couldn't reach
her
boss.  Another 15 minutes went by, and she came out again and said she would
have
to do eveything manually, but we would get our trailer.

Well, it took another 30 minutes for her to get all the information and do the
paperwork.  Great...a litle late but we had a trailer.  Oppps...one more catch!
No one showed up in the back...no one was there to hook us up.  So the woman
didn't know what to do; she had no idea if anyone was coming.  "Do you know how
to hook up a trailer?" she asked.  So she opened the back, and we hooked it up
ourselves.  Sure were a lot of nice tools back there that people not as honest
as
us could have used!!!

We got the trailer hooked up, got my car and of course when we returned, we
un-hooked the trailer ourselves.  There was a manager there by now, but he was
too busy with the computer.  I asked him what his insurance company might think
about us using his shop, hooking up our own trailer, and wondered who would be
responsible if something went wrong. He asked if we had any problems, I said
besides being almost 2 hours late and getting dirty...no. He said have a nice
day...no charge.

Buyer beware!...and bring some tools!!

Jim
'67 TR4/A  CTC72449L