U-Haul Warning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: U-Haul Warning
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:48:52 EDT
I'm sending this to the list because:
(1) You may have occasion to need these services to move LBCs or parts, and
(2) You are a large group of consumers.

This weekend we moved my daughter out of her apartment (lease ended at
midnight last night).  Over three weeks ago we reserved a U-Haul truck for
the one-way move; even have a letter of confirmation.  When we went to pick
it up yesterday morning, we were told that "It wasn't ready yet."   and that
they'd call us.   They never would admit that they weren't going to give us a
truck, just kept putting us off.  (and none of the multiple trucks in the lot
were available for one-way since they "local" and needed to be returned).

Finally at 3:00 pm they did concede that there were people who were still
waiting for a truck that they had reserved for the previous day, and they
would have priority!  At that point we had to cut our losses and call all our
friends with pickup trucks.  And to top it all off, where were HUGE
thunderstorms - care to guess how much stuff got soaked?  BTW - if they were
honest right up front and told us there would be NO TRUCK - we would have had
everything moved out on our own before the storm - instead of waiting for the
truck that NEVER SHOWED.

And for the people moving into the apartment - they had a U-Haul one-way
truck reserved for last Thursday and still didn't have it!

Interesting thing on their reservation confirmation letter:  They require a
48 hour notice if you want to cancel.  You'd think they'd afford that same
courtesy to their customers.

BUYER BEWARE!

thanks for the bandwidth,
Bill Babbitt