Re: Major Armchair engineering A SuperCharged Roadster??

To: toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net
Subject: Re: Major Armchair engineering A SuperCharged Roadster??
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:30:49 EDT
In a message dated 05/11/2000 5:25:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net writes:

> No, don't do it with stock pistons.  They crack under regular street use.
>  A bit of  detonation under boost and you will have a Victor motor.
>  (The famous U-15).

Actually...yah, I shouldn't have said anything without knowing what the stock
U20 compression is. And I have no idea how tough those pistons are (I'm
assuming the stockers are cast?). I still wouldn't be surprised if they
*could* handle a few psi of boost though...

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC