Re[2]: Good News/Bad News

To: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Good News/Bad News
From: Jeffrey Lo <Jeffrey_Lo@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 05:43:38 PST
>       I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago in my TR6.  Driving to
>a birthday party, twisty back road, and all of a sudden on a long uphill
>stretch it starts losing power, and stalls.  Still coasting up, hit the
>-starter
>and it starts, goes for a few seconds, stalls.  Repeat as needed to the
>-top of
>the hill and the Inn.  Leaving, it runs fine all the way home, until the big
>hill I live on, and dies as it gets to the top.  Restart, use full throttle,
>dies again.  Coast longer and it runs longer.  As expected, I replaced the
>filter and all was well.
>
>       Randell Jesup, '70 TR6 (with about 1000+ miles already this summer,
>with hardly a problem.)

I had the same symptoms before with my TR6, but it turns out the float in one of
the carbs was set way too low, and going uphill the float bowl would get too
empty going up hills and the engine would start to sputter.  Luckily, it was
just one carb so I could still limp up the hill on 3 cylinders.

Jeff Lo
1974 Triumph TR6
1946 Cessna 120 N1819N