Re: Good news/bad news

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com
Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:53:27 -0700
>From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
>To: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com
>Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
>
>> From: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com (Kevin Riggs)
>> Subject: Good news/bad news
>> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:07:44 CDT
>
>Well, it does sound like you may have some sort of electrical problem;
>bad battery or perhaps something in the charging system, but this may be
>unrelated to the sputtering stalling problem.  I'm inclined to think
>this is fuel related.  Here's something you might want to look in to.

I'd be inclined to say fuel too.  I once had similar behavior in the
Europa, caused by the "rock strainer" in the fuel pump inlet fitting
clogging up.  (I don't remember now whether bad gas had something to do
with it, but I think it might have, since I had a can of denatured
alcohol in the boot which I used to clean out the filter while parked at
the shoulder of I-5.)

Could the fuel pump be pulling enough current trying to pump through a
clogged inlet filter that it would make the solenoid sound funny?

-coryc

|      >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<
|||                                        | "I went to college, took
|short-story|
| Cory R. Carpenter, Senior Tech Writer  | writing, creative writing, English
||| Sequent Computer Systems, Incorporated | literature, all the things that
| |
|  coryc@sequent.com                     | prepared me for life during the
|||                                        | renaissance."   --Jim Croce
| |