Re: Good news/bad news

To: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com (Kevin Riggs)
Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 13:31:34 CDT
My money is on very low float levels or sticky jets.  (Good time for the
Grosse Jet controversy again!)  The float is shutting off the valve, or the
valve is stuck closed.  Since you have an SU pump instead of a FACET or some
other type with a bypass, the pump will not run when the valves are closed, so
you don't hear it.  Odd that it would hit both of the carbs.

A clogged fuel line might give a similar result.

I had something very like this in a SAAB ice racer in the old days.  Was a
low float level.