Re: Good news/bad news

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com
Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 18:42:00 -0700
Kevin,
First check your battery.  Make sure the water level is up, and that the
electrolytes
are in good condition.  Next, clean your battery terminals.  You can have
an insulating oxide coat & not see it.  Next, check & clean, if needed,
the connector where the wire from the fuse box goes to the battery connection.

Look at your fuse box.  All connections should be clean & tight, including
where the fuses contact the holders.

Next check the connections to your allison thingy.

Check the spark.

You also might have a regulator that is not charging your battery or an
alternator
or generator that is not quite putting out enough to charge the battery &
keep the engine alive.  By the way, this would be a condition that wouldn't
show up on an Ampmeter. It would show zero or very slight charge.  It would
show up big time on a voltmeter though.

Godd luck.  My vote is on ether bad/corroded connections or a marginal
charging system that let the battery go down over a while.

Thanks for the TR question.  They are so much more dependable than MGs
that we seldom get a change to troubleshoot anything else :*)

TeriAnn
MGBGT