Re: Good news/bad news

To: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com
Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:33:00 pdt
> From: rkriggs@riggs.b30.ingr.com (Kevin Riggs)
> Subject: Good news/bad news
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 93 11:07:44 CDT

Well, it does sound like you may have some sort of electrical problem;
bad battery or perhaps something in the charging system, but this may be
unrelated to the sputtering stalling problem.  I'm inclined to think
this is fuel related.  Here's something you might want to look in to.  A
couple of years ago some of the local BP stations got a bad shipment of
gasoline.  I had this stuff in two of my cars simultaneously and if it
hadn't been for the fact that both cars exhibited identical symtoms
(very similar to yours) I would have probably taken them to the dealer
to be checked.  The information about the bad gas appeared in the
newspaper and was mentioned in a couple of TV newscasts.