Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:32:04 -0500
Something like this would work if a single trigger is used, but only one car
could run on the course and the entrance/exit would have to use the same
"lane".

But for a dual setup.. one start trigger and one finish trigger to allow
multiple cars on course with start and finish triggers in separate
locations, an accurate connection would have to exist (wires) between them
since the important timing separation is between start and finish triggers.
Then you could use a wireless device to transmit that data, but that would
take away the benefit.

In the future, there will probably be time signals over the airwaves (does
GPS do that?) so you could have multiple wireless timers spread throughout
the course and get accurate start/split/finish readings.  Now that will be
cool.  How do they calculate split and gap times at race tracks that F1,
CART, and IRL use?

Brian