RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: "GPSoftware" <gpsoftware@icehouse.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "Rick Brown" <rbrown7@covad.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:15:57 -0700
With about 250 cars per event, after just two events we have had two ties in
the overall
PAX championship timing to an indicated accuracy of 0.001 seconds.

I don't know what the timing accuracy of our equipment is, but timing to
0.01 seconds
would have created several more ties in the PAX championship.

My two comments are that three digits of accuracy are required, and that
current timing
equipment that offers three digits of resolution may not (probably doesn't?)
have enough
accuracy to time to +/- 0.001 seconds anyway, but we like to think it does
and score our
events accordingly.

-- Rick Brown
   BP Corvette