Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "bill wilson" <callmebw@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:28:57 -0700
When our club was looking for timing equipment, we checked the wired and
wireless systems from several manufacturers including the systems Crest
Industries sells.  They have systems with limited features and systems chalk
full of features.  Pricing is definitely on the high side so plan on
spending close to $6,000 for a wireless system or a little below $4,000 for
their bottom end wired unit.  We ended up buying a RACEAMERICA system for
under $1,500 that had all the features we wanted.  Wireless was not 'a must'
on our list and price was definitely high on the list.

Bill Wilson
NE Race Board Director