Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>, "Autox"
Subject: Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:12:14 -0400
All the big Race series, except F1 use AMB/it transponders.   Each unit
mounts in the car and passes over a loop cut in the track.  The loop is
connected to a receiving unit which processes the transponder number and a
time.  That time and transponder number are then sent to a pc over a
standard serial connection.

And if it's a serial connection the data can then be sent over
copper/fiber/or wireless.

FYI, The club racing version of the AMB system is only accurate to .002 if I
remember correctly.  The pro version is accurate way deep in the decimal
places, and that is with cars passing at up to 300mph....

Rick