RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "GPSoftware" <gpsoftware@icehouse.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:08:33 -0700
So, how many of you out there would be interested in a wireless trigger
system? What if the cost was less than $1000? Would you be willing to reduce
your timing accuracy to .002 seconds? How about .01 seconds?

I'd like to get some feedback on what would be a marketable product. Of
course, everyone wants .001 (or better) accuracy and have it be free. But as
usual, there is always a cost tradeoff.

I'm prototyping a dual trigger wireless system that should easily retail for
under $1000. It's already obvious that timing accuracy won't be in the .001
second range. Frankly, I've never understood why the SCCA requires this
resolution, and my experience has been that there are many clubs that don't
adhere to that rule and would rather have a system that is easy to use and
affordable.

Please let me know what you think!

Gary

Gary Poole