Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: "GPSoftware" <gpsoftware@icehouse.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "Bob Klingler" <bklingler@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:59:30 -0600
Gary,

    Timing accuracy is critical to every sport in which a relatively short
event is timed.  Currently we believe we are timing to 0.001 second
accuracy.  It is affordable, and we are happy.

Now comes wireless timing and it is a very convienent feature which we are
eager to consider; but it has less accuracy.  I can't believe that anyone
should be willing to trade the heart of their sport (accuracy) for a
convenience, regardless of the price.  My back of the envelope market
analysis would predict a limited market for this new product until the
accuracy can be equal to or better than "standard" equipment.

JMNSHO,
    BK