Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: Mark Stanley <mstanley@microsoft.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: William Loring <bloring@TIRERACK.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:17:31 -0500
Mark,

You might try contacting Crest Industries. They are building a custom
wireless timing system for The Tire Rack. The setup they are building for us
will actually have six photoheads, so that multiple splits of a lap can be
taken. They are loaning us a two-photohead 900mhz system while they build
our 2.4ghz system.

The 900mhz system has been working quite well for us. It attaches to a
laptop, and they have their own software that downloads times from the timer
to the laptop, then processes the info. They offer barcode scanning, and
other features as well. I'm not that familiar with the software, but the
system seems pretty robust. The timer was simple enough to operate, that it
appeared that anyone could run it with only a couple of minutes of training.

Contact info:
    Jim Wolske
    Crest Industries
    21100 Capital Drive, Suite A, PO Box 0298
    Pewaukee, WI 53072
    800-241-1002
    http://www.crestindustriesinc.com/

Regards,