RE: Fram Deal

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fram Deal
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:57:07 -0600
> But I see your point. I have seen an odd assortment of sponsors for race
> cars and events over time. Some have been topnotch companies that
> have very
> reputable products but most of those have been beer vendors.

There are some beer vendors that make very reputable products.  Most of the
big ones make products that are reputable in that they make what the general
public wants and is willing to pay for.

Because the SCCA enters into a sponsorship agreement with a company does not
mean that people have to buy or even endorse the product.  Just that there
is an agreement for the company to support the sport is some way (usually
cash and advertising) in exchange for recognition.

A company the size of Fram will be able to pay much more and be much more
visible to the general public as a sponsor.