Fram Deal

To: "Team.net submission" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fram Deal
From: "Joe & Susan Cheng" <belacon@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:05:04 -0800
I first visited the oil filter study website about 2 years ago. I was
interested because I have been using Fram on and off for the last 28 years.
After reading the report, I cut up one of my Frams and I also cut up a Bosch
filter and a Honda filter for my own comparison. Yes, there are differences
in the quality of the design, material used and total filter area. However,
I have also owned (and worked on) a lot of vehicles over the last 28 years.
I can assure you that there is also a HUGE difference between the design and
built quality of my Porsche C2 vs. my Dodge Caravan. I am also pretty sure
that if someone cuts up a Mercedes Benz and a Neon, he will tell everyone
that there is a huge difference between the two cars. Does that mean we
shouldn't buy Dodge products and accept Chrysler's sponsorship??? I get up
every morning, jump into my Caravan and it takes me to work no different
than if I am driving the Porsche. In fact, my last Caravan had 280,000 km on
it when I sold it. Over 60-70 percent of that was with Fram oil filters. A
few years back, I sat down and counted how many cars I have owned and the
mileage I had on them. I estimated that I have driven approximately
1,000,000 km. I would guess that over 50 percent of that was done on Fram
oil filters. I have NOT experienced one single oil filter related failure
with or without a Fram. For all those people who said they won't use a Fram,
I am wondering if they all drive Mercedes Benz cars and wear Rolex watches
also.

Joe