Re: Fram Deal

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fram Deal
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:02:29 -0500
Rocky writes:

<<<I'm tickled by some of the comparative put downs, including that a Fram
element is cardboard, and thus must be inferior to one made of synthetic.
But why? Where is it written that a less costly part cannot be just as
effective? Sometimes we get intoxicated by technology to the point we forget
that the old tried and true still works and works damn well.>>>

I suggest you take another look at the report. The major gripes were surface
area, cardboard end caps, and an end cap that easily drains, not that the
element was made of cardboard.

But I see your point. I have seen an odd assortment of sponsors for race
cars and events over time. Some have been topnotch companies that have very
reputable products but most of those have been beer vendors. Lets remember
that we are participating in a sport that is heavily sponsored by tobacco
companies. So perhaps it's not so bad that we are getting the money of
someone who makes a heck of a lot of oil filters for the common guy. Wanna
buy some Duralube with that Fram filter?

Paul Foster