Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: Pat MacAvoy <patmac@tridelta.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:32:01 -0500
At 09:36 AM 7/16/99 , Pat MacAvoy wrote:

>> I rather resent the implication that I'm creating a "DSM dominatrix
class". I
>> think there's a passle of supercharged Integra Rs, M3s, turbocharded Neons,
>> Integra-motored Civics, DOHC Starions, hopped-up supercharged Grand Prixs
>etc.
>> etc. etc. who would beg to differ. For an "I" class, this one sure is wide
>> open....
>>
>Now I think this pretty well sums up what is wrong with this concept.
>  IMHO, a civic won't keep up with supercharged M3 (951, etc.), nor will a
DSM.

Well, CSP M3's are regularly stomped by CSP Civics.
Why do you think supercharging gives M3's a bigger advantage than Civics?
Especially when engine swaps are allowed... which would be a useless option
for an M3.

It would probably take a 318ti with a transplanted M3 engine, supercharged,
in order to be competitive with a Civic prepped to the limit.

I am sure some cars will turn out to be non-competitive in this class.
But I am fairly confident that there will be *many* cars that can be
very competitive given adequate prep.  In fact, I would wager that there
will be more competitive variety (make/model wise) than in any existing
SP class.  (OTOH, I'd also wager that all the top cars will be forced
induction, and all will be boosting into the realm of reduced reliability.)

Brian