Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Rick Cone <conekiller@cwix.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:40:53 -0400
>>I'm afraid of marginalizing the core audience of STU

- 50% Honda Civics & Preludes
- 30% DSMs
- 10% Acura Integras
- 10% a mixture of M3s, Neons, VWs, Suburus, Cavaliers, Sunfires, Grand
Prixs,
and maybe the odd Porsche. (There, spelled it right Mark. ;<<

Your core audience is what dg50 wants it to be period.  You are already
adding makes otherwise excluded from ST, why not remove all vehicle
restrictions?  Why not try and get as many people to run your class.  Let
any car that want's to compete in ST given the rules on displacement.  In
essence if every car in stock class the met your engine requirements, and
preped their car to the full STU rules as you have laid out, your taget
audience would be the same as you have laid it out now.  Mostly import drags
with a few american cars thrown in.  You cannot look at solo2 stock
performance to base your classes.  Look at the maximum potential of all cars
and base your eligbility off of that.  What is the difference in letting an
RX3 with the RX7TT and Suspension run or an late model Rx7TT, in theory both
cars would be equal.  Why not the the Rx7TT run? Just an example but
hopefully you will get my point.

Rick

)