Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Rick Cone <conekiller@cwix.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:51:02 -0400
Besides, AWD brings with it a weight and driveline power consumption
penalty. It
>is not a panacea. A lightweight, powerful front or rear driver is just as
likely
>to be able to win as an AWD car.

SCCA and IMSA both thought the same thing before the Audi's came over and
kicked everyone's but.  There is no substitue for having all 4 wheels drive.
Look at the Mears at Pikes Peak, look at the fastest rally cars.  Why do you
think AWD is banned in SCCA Showroom Stock?

>STU is about diversity. It's about "run whacha bring". It's about the
freedom to
>do what you want within a broad formula. It's not about boring, cookie
cutter
>classes dedicated to single marquees.

I totally disagree here.  It is not about run whacha brung.  If it was you
would allow all cars, within your engine formula to compete.  Not just cars
with more then 2 seats.  This is just a 'since I am not competitive in ST
lets make STU' or 'My car is not legal for ST so lets make STU because I
don't want to run Prepared or Modified' and 'I don't want 2 seat sports cars
in the class'

Don't matter how many ways you slice the cake this is still an "I" class.
If you want this class to truely be STU, U being unlimited, unrestricted,
uncola, unwhatever, you should allow 2 seat sports cars.  What are afraid
of?  Competition or getting beat?

Rick Cone