Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: autox@autox.team.net, dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, werace4u@aol.com
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Pat MacAvoy <patmac@tridelta.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:36:23 -0400 (EDT)
>From Dennis Grant (spell it right this time, dummy!)
>
> Changes that went in last night:

<SNIP>

> I rather resent the implication that I'm creating a "DSM dominatrix class". I
> think there's a passle of supercharged Integra Rs, M3s, turbocharded Neons,
> Integra-motored Civics, DOHC Starions, hopped-up supercharged Grand Prixs etc.
> etc. etc. who would beg to differ. For an "I" class, this one sure is wide
> open....

Now I think this pretty well sums up what is wrong with this concept.
  IMHO, a civic won't keep up with supercharged M3 (951, etc.), nor will a DSM.
  So we are going to have the same thing that EM gives us in a lot of places.
  A somewhat-street legal car that fits nowhere else.  Am I the only one that
  has seen very few EM cars that aren't street legal, except at NTs and
  divisionals, etc?  Only the name changes.

Am I missing something?

pat(must be missing the point)mac
Pat MacAvoy
a.k.a. konekiller@tridelta.com