Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:50:50 -0400

> I haven't paid too much attention to this thread so far,

...and because of that, I'm not going to get into this very much. If you entered
the thread at this point, you're going to get the wrong idea aboot what is
really going on.

> I'm not sure I see what's wrong with GS or ESP for these
> purposes, but obviously you feel the DSM cars need special
> consideration. I disagree.

No, the DSMs do not need special consideration. Double-underline that, make it
bold, red, and blink. The DSMs are but an example of the market STU is intended
to reach. One of a great many potential and interested participants.

Since this thread started, I've got mail from Acura owners, from Neon owners,
from Honda owners, from VW owners, from BMW owners, from Porsche (spelled it
right again!) owners, from Grand Prix owners (for whom we found a way to
increase the displacement limit so they could join in) - all of whom want this
class to exist so that they can come play in it. This is intended to be very
diverse, and from the feedback I'm getting, will be.

>>STU is GS on steroids.

> Ummm,more like ESP on steroids.

No, because ESP is a 2 marque class. Camaro & Mustang. GS is a 6 or 7 marque
class.

> Other than not allowing interior removal, I don't see all that much to
> distinguish this class from EM.

Mod cars are purpose built race cars, with slicks, tube frames, carbon-fibre
lift-off bodies etc. STU cars aren't. This was covered earlier in the thread.

DG