Re: DTN voting

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DTN voting
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:32:24 EDT
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:46:56 -0400
From: Paul Czarnecki wrote:

<< just a few more hours to go!

come on folks, get those votes in!  Lets see some serious last minute
campaigning!! >>

Okay, here it goes,

Just to let the rest of the list know a bit about me (Gary Meissner,
GSMnow@aol.com) I figured I would take this last chance to say a bit more
about myself.

I have been autocrosing for over 12 years now, in 4 different cars in 7
different classes with 4 class championships locally in Chi SCCA. I have also
won class champ awards in TSSCC. I am one of our many regulars who work with
the new guys on a regular basis. Being our STU guy I am directly dealing with
most of the ST STR and STU guys that show up wondering what to do. I actually
like helping new drivers get into this. I remember being the new guy and
really appriciated the help I got from some of the regulars. For the last few
years I have been able to return the favors. I have been an instructor at
Chicago Regions Learning Curve drivers school for the past 5 years. Most of
my pat students are still racing, even ones that moved away race in their new
area. Some people (my soon to be wife is one) think I am too enthusiastic
about the sport, but I can't help it, I truly enjoy seing how fast I can get
through the course. Helping others get their times downis every bit as fun
too. When you give someone the pointers that chop 2 seconds off, and they get
the shaking hands for the first time. I know there are others out there that
feel like I do. I am just lucky that I have been able to find the time to
enjoy this. My work schedule has not alowed my time to make nationals in the
past, but I am already trying to work thing out to go this year. Winning DTN
would sure add a push to make the time available and see what all of my
friends have told me about. Everything I have heard makes me want to go every
year.

And if you want to see a wild car come out, I can add some excitement to a
boring day. Just picture an 300 hp 83 Celica. If STU does run as exhibitiom I
will be there, otherwise I'll be chasing the EMods hoping for a low trophy
position. It is posible, I have been within 4 seconds of Steve Tamandli here
and in South Bend. That was close enough 2 years ago  ;-)

In sumation

 PLEASE VOTE FOR ME !!!!

Gary Meissner
GSMnow@aol.com

P.S. I won't spread any of the bad rumors I heard about J.D. Kemp  ;-)