Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:52:06 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Kent Rafferty wrote:
> This is an important point. If the intent of this new class is to
> provide a competitive class for tweaked street cars that now
> would be dumped into Mod, are the owners of these cars
> going to feel any better when they're matched up against Rick's
> RX-3 with RX-7 TT motor, or Jay's killer Lotus, or any cars
> that are maxed out to the limits of the rules?

My intent for supporting this class is to provide a competitive class for
autox cars that the rice boys don't mind getting beat up by.  Which sounds
kinda weird, but hear me out :-)

I think that if riceman shows up in his (civic, integra, prelude, dsm,
neon) and gets whipped up on by someone with a civic with a blown integra
motor or a dsm with mods or a turbo'd neon or whatever he'll be more
willing to believe he can win once he gets better or spends more money.
If he gets blown away by a cartype he's never seen before, I think he'll
be less likely to believe that.

In addition to that, this class would give autoxers and would like to be
autoxers who enjoy playing with turbos a place to play.  I fully expect
it'll be dominated by trailered cars that never see anything orther than a
garage and and autox course at the higher levels (which is one reason it
might make more sense as a mod class), but its not like that isn't the
case with the import drag guys as well.

Oh, and we also _already have_ and STU class.  This is just making it fit
stuff better.

Mark

(how about we eliminate STR though?  That really is pretty much just an SP
class)