RE: Cooling

To: "'CalSpeed@aol.com'" <CalSpeed@aol.com>, dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu,
Subject: RE: Cooling
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:30:39 -0700
To evaluate the performance change--

Yes, it takes energy to run any fan.  Maybe only a small amount (my guess, 1
to 1.5 HP).  So the question is "Where do you want to get the HP from?
Directly from the car's motor or the electrical system (electric fan)?"

Also remember that unless you are not running a generator/alternator (direct
drain system) all the energy must come from the car's motor sooner or later
(suck it out of the battery and then put it back in).

Unless you are racing and want every possible mph, it is not much of a
performance gain.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 2000/2
FAX (650)312-5830

Did you remove the stock unit?  Are you runnning both?  I was thinking of
removing the stock fan and installing an electric fan.  I hear that there
are
some small performance gains to be had.

Calspeed