Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: Jon_Wissler@pngc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:19:54 EST
In a message dated 02/23/2000 10:31:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Jon_Wissler@pngc.com writes:

<< Regarding Steve Landuyt's comments about the desirability of a 69 2000, I'd
 like to poll the list members (who seem to know a hell of a lot more about
 the subject than I do), about just which model is considered the "marquee"
 version of the SRL/SPL series.  It seems that there are a lot more 1600
 than 2000 owners on this list, and I'm curious as to what you see as the
 positives of the 1600 vs the 2000.  I to own a 69 2000, and I love it.  I'm
 trying to keep it as original as possible, although I question as to
 whether or not that really adds any financial value to the car.  I have
 never been able to figure out why these cars aren't more sought after.  I
 was told by someone that the price ran up about 10 years ago when the
 Japanese bought whatever they could find, but hasn't budged since then.  I
 have seen what appear to be pretty decent examples in the $3000 range,
 which wouldn't even touch a dilapidated British sports car.  Any thoughts?

Jon,

I think most would agree that the 67.5 2000 Solex is regarded as the most
desirable of the models.  It combines the flat-dash, low-windshield body with
the high power of the big engine.  Second in desirability, or at least
rarity, would be a 3-seat 1500.

These are my opinions, of course.  I have a 70 1600 and am quite fond or it.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren, ME
Very warm today (mid-30's); melted all the snow in my driveway!