Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: "Jon Wissler" <Jon_Wissler@pngc.com>
Subject: Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:39:56 -0600
I have a 67.5 1600.  Why a 1600?  I use this car as my daily driver, I don't
race, and
higher performance is not necessary.

>From what I have seen on the net the 1600 doesn't require as much (or as
>expensive)
maintenance as the 2L.  I think it cost me about $11 to replace the timing
chain and
gears on my 1600, instead of the (what is it now?) $500 or more for a 2L.

Purchase prices for the 1600 are generally lower than the 2L also.

The only thing that I like on the 2L over the 1600 is the 5 speed.  My daily
commute is
about 60 miles, mostly on the highway, so a 5 speed gearbox would help reduce
the noise
a bit.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Hardware Guru
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885, UUCP:cs.utexas.edu!horne