Re: restoration frame off

To: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: restoration frame off
From: Mike/Chris Clothier <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:21:57 -0800

Don Miller wrote:

> Tom's advice is really sound. I did not do a frame off
> as I built my roadster into a race car but used many
> of the same pricipals. When photographing anything I
> also threw a ruler in the shot for scale. This helped
> when I was measuring to put the motor into the car. I
> could cut templates to size and see how it would fit.
> I used a video camera as well when I was disassembling
> things.
>
> I will admit my wife got tired of holding the camera
> and bought me a tripod. Then I watched parts of the
> tape when I got stuck.
>
> Good Luck and remember, it's just a fun car that will
> try every amount of patience you have until you turn
> the key and it runs! Then the smiles never go away
> even when it breaks!
>
> Don Miller
> 68 Turbo V-6
> 70 2000
> Meridian, ID
> Do You Yahoo!?

  I'm one of the slow ones on the list. I have read Tom's discourse on
how to organize a tear down at least twice and when I started to take my
68 1600 apart all common sense went out the window. I now have coffee
cans full of nuts and bolts AND NO PICTURES. I'm so mad at myself I
could cry. All is not lost however, I plan to take things slow and I
will get it back to gather ( I have to so I can sleep in the bedroom
again) :=).
Oh well, back to work.....
Mike Clothier
Norco, Ca.