RE: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: "Ataru Shimodaira" <ashimoda@redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:03:27 -0800
Gents,

Great to hear someone is doing the same.
I used to live in AZ where I bought 68 1600 and started its
restoration.  The 3 month after that I got a job assignment
to work in Tokyo and spent 4 years there.  Last April, I finally
came back to the US but this time, to San Jose, CA.

I was busy getting my life jump-started after 4 years of crazy
"salaryman" life style and finally am ready to work on my
Datsun.  Differently from last time, now we have this web
and everyone is so helpful.  This encouragement is
priceless.  During my 3 month restoration in AZ, I did
work on the engine and transmission.  Now I am ready
to attack the body work.

My biggest disappointment was that the right inner
fender, which already had a small hole from Battery acid
attack, got a bigger hole since the batterly fluid was leaking
during its 4 year storage period.  I see this as the biggest
challenge to work on.  Once this is fixed, everything would be
matter of time...(I hope...)

Well, I hope to keep my restration status updated and get some
helps from you and other members on this web to get me going.

Cheers!
Ataru (Japanese, but cannot spend multi-million yen to buy Roadstar!)
68 1600