Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:16:35 -0800

CarterCM@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/23/00 5:06:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:
>
> <>
>
> Mike,
>
> That's a CHEAP SHOT, and you know it! If you've got a beef with a vendor, I
> think the list would be interested in hearing you state your case objectively
> about a problem you were unable, in good faith, to resolve directly with the
> vendor. Otherwise keep it to yourself. Derogatory and yet-unsubstantiated
> remarks about vendors have no place on this list.

I wasn't going to answer this , but I feel obligated to do so. In 1996
I was sick and on disability. During this time I had two Roadsters
still in California. I contacted Les from a card I got from him at
Solvang in 1994. I offered to trade him a 68' two liter full of
parts for a soft top assembly. In the vehicle at the time was four
complete soft top assemblies with a host of other parts. Les was
more then happy to get the car for the soft top assembly. I told
him where to get the car and waited in town for a week for him
and his mechanic at the time Ed to meet me to tune my other Roadster.

I came back to Idaho and waited foe around six months for the top
and after several calls to Les stating that I would like it by spring.
Two years later and countless phone calls the top finally shows. The
other part of the deal was the that I get the Bilstein shocks that where on the
car.
Another year of phone calls and the threat of coming down to get the car
and here are the shocks at the door. That is just part of my experience dealing
with
CDM and yes you might have had better luck then I did.

> Did you ever stop to think, why are so many people "pimping" CDM? Well, they
> must be pretty happy about their experience because no one is exactly
> "paying" them to say it!

Somebody must be happy with them or they wouldn't still be in business.

> Right, there are other good roadster vendors out there, and guess
> what?...nothing is stopping their customers from sharing their happy
> experience, if that's the way they feel.
>
> Don't you think it only makes sense for a list member to recommend that a
> newbie, WHO LIVES IN SAN DIEGO, to check out CDM first when they are only a
> few miles away? Especially when Les has a reputation for giving out tons of
> FREE help and advice.

I sent this newbie to the list after several email transactions with him, I am
sorry I did. I am sure he would have found the list eventually ,but I sent him
this way for help from the list members not for him to be aimed straight to
a Vendor. If you new anything about this newbies plans then you would have
understood.

I am apologies to the rest of  the rest of the list to have to read this, but I
have a
right to defend myself as well as Craig does for CDM.

I think the list charter states that the Vendors can only advertise stuff for
sale
only once a month and the list is for the Roadster enthusiasts.

Thanks,
Mike