Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:04:09 EST
Tom is correct about how to start the project . Make sure you have garage
space for the long run. I started my project in a garage that belonged to a
lawyer friend downtown, hoping to get the frame painted and suspension done
in that summer. I was in law school and working two or three jobs at the time
and knew it would be hit and miss to work on the car. Well, the car sat in
that garage for about three years and the building sold, and they changed the
locks before I could get it out. (The other lawyer was long gone and the
tenants didn't know I was there, my girlfriend called me ninja mechanic!)
    Well, I had to relieve my car from bondage late one night, ninja style of
course, and it bounced around like an orphan for the next year. I built a
nice big garage on my house and my tools, cars and assorted junk are safe.
Moral to the story, be sure you are stable before you start the project. It
is a miracle I kept track of my "stuff", it was stored at moms, neighbors,
lovers and friends homes and businesses.
    Take your time and do it right the first time. The few corners that I cut
have popped up already. MAKE SURE your subcontractors are good and that they
actually care!

Good Luck,
John Brasfield