RE: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project

To: "'CarterCM@aol.com'" <CarterCM@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Starting A Roadster Restoration Project
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:39:59 -0800
Mike,

I have plugged CDM on this list many times as I feel the work they do is
great. I have also plugged Mike Kerr because he gives very fair prices (read
lowest I have found) on parts and loves to talk shop. Stan Chernoff also is
great and has great stuff. Les Cannaday's biggest problem is not having
enough hours in the day. Anyone who has been to his shop knows exactly what
I am talking about. It is ALWAYS standing room only at CDM and the phone
never stops ringing.

The only complaint I have ever had about Les and the guys at CDM is that
they sometimes take a while to get back to you. I am in a service providing
business myself and I know that you do the best you can. You can't please
everyone all the time. The guy I bought my 67.5 2000 from told me he tried
to contact Les about getting it restored and that Les never called him back.
Les remembered him. Said the guy called once.

Once!? When our vendors get 50 calls a day from people who want everything
from advice to parts to restoration quotes to promises of service, I'll give
them the benefit of the doubt if they forget to call me back or are late
with a quote for a new soft top (sorry Dennis, couldn't resist! ) It's my
responsibilty to make sure I get the info/part/service. They do provide the
service and believe me I am on the phone and in their emails all the time.
And in the end, I get my part and Les always offers me a beer when I am in
his shop.

Yes Mike, there are other good vendors out there. I have heard great things
about Ross Mullen and Dann at Rallye and some others. I agree with Craig
Carter that people are free to tout them all they like. I do admit to some
bias to CDM as they have done all the work on my car. Trust me, they earned
it.

Hey, it's all about the cars.

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex